20.6.06

Kathy Griffin: More Than Just A "Gays" Magnet

The more I see Kathy Griffin, the more I truly come to love her. I've always thought she was funny on TV. When I saw her live, I was blown away. And the more I watch her reality show on Bravo, the more I really respect her.

On tonight's episode, she went to Iraq on a USO tour. I watch, listen, and read a lot about the conditions in Iraq, particularly about the lives of our troops there. Nothing brought home how dangerous, isolated, and depressing Iraq can be like tonight's episode. Kathy visited an on-base hospital and was talking to the troops about their injuries. It was amazing to watch this soldier tell Kathy about how his girlfriend and friend were killed right next to him, just the day before she got there. She tried cheering them all up, and she did, but after what they've gone through, what they've witnessed, good laughs only go so far. Kathy did routines for some troops, and it isn't her typical material (most of which I know by heart).

Kathy makes a big point of saying that she doesn't support the war, but that she supports the troops. I couldn't agree more. I hope she makes it to the A-list someday.

By the way, I WILL be talking more about politics this summer, and believe me, I have a hell of a lot to say.

Ace

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh GREAT! Another little ignorant Republican bashing twink. It would be sooo refreshing to read your viewpoint, if it were original. You are a "parrot ", echoing thoughts you have never entertained.

1:53 AM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Ace said...

Mr.Anonymous

Before I go bashing your ass: Thank you for calling me a twink.

I think you should cool your fucking jets since I didn't even mention the word "Republican". In what way did I degrade or misrepresent Republicans as a whole? Why am I a parrot? Because I agree with someone? This is what especially kills me, you little prick, "echoing thoughts you have never entertained". Did you think I hadn't heard about the war in Iraq until Kathy Griffin went there? You know nothing about me you little fuck.

And I'd be curious as to how you stumbled upon my little blog here.

6:46 PM, June 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hot twink at that.

7:11 PM, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home