16.6.06

Life: June 16th, 2006

Right now, I have the feeling that I'm going through one of those subtle shifts in life. Nothing super major is happening and I'm generally happy, but things are changing. Then again, I'm still technically a teenager, shouldn't I be worried if things weren't changing?

A good friend of mine just recently moved away. I've known him since middle school, but I didn't really get to know him or hang out with him until this year. As far as I know, he's straight, and he's the coolest straight guy in the world. I'm sure he knows that I'm gay and he's cool with that, again, as far as I know. I just admire him so much as a person and to see him go just kills me. It feels like such a waste that I didn't get to know him until this past year, my junior year.

Gosh, senior year is going to be crazy. I promised myself that I wouldn't turn into that mad, driven, insane, high school student, and even though school isn't that great, my classes next year are going to be highly demanding. With senior year comes college stuff, oh fun. Looking at and visiting various colleges isn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I've visited some really great schools, like top in the nation kind of schools, and it's utterly daunting to think about going somewhere for 4 whole years. When I first started searching, I didn't know what I wanted at all, but now, I have a rough, okay, very vague idea: I want to go to a liberal arts college with a nice campus, not too far away from home, not too preppy, plenty artsy, AND super GLBT friendly. I decided one day that I should be snobby and only look at schools that have a reputation for being overtly GLBT friendly. I need that sort of atmosphere I think, or I'm gonna go bonkers, and I NEVER say "go bonkers".

Ace

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

College will be some of the best years of your life. Trust me.

3:10 PM, June 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home