24.7.06

Life: July 24th, 2006

Damn, can anyone believe this heat? I feel like such a bum sitting inside, watching TV, drinking my iced chai, reading WIRED, and sticking my head in the freezer, but I don't care. It is hot outside and I will bum around until it cools off. Thanks global warming! I can't wait until fall. It is quite seriously my favorite time of the year and I love the weather, cool and crisp, the perfect time to snuggle up with a special guy if I had one...Oh poor me. I'll have to settle for my merino sweater. Anyways, it's not fall yet!

The other day I did something that I have never done: I dyed my hair. When I was younger, I had super blonde hair, like lightning! But as I grew up I lost it to a nice brown that I don't usually mind.

Lately, I've been getting sick of it and wanted a summer change. So I went to the drugstore and bought some L'Oreal hair dye. On the package it said that it would take 25 minutes to work. Well I left that nasty goop on for 25 minutes and nothing happened. Honestly. So I waited for it to work. I waited for not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, but 5 hours. I washed it out. My hair was reddish brown - at best. My mom said my hair was like iron - claiming to make a comment on the strength of my hair and it's ability to resist chemicals. I know she was talking about the color!

The next day I tried actual bleaching product and it worked. Well almost. It's not as blonde as my hair used to be, it's more golden now. I'm glad I did it, but I was a little disappointed, I wanted to completely revert back to my happy childhood. The thing is, in the end it doesn't matter, my hair grows freakishly fast and it'll be half gone by the time school starts. This better be a good tip off for anyone who doesn't know I'm gay, because how many straight guys dye their whole head of hair blonde?

Hot/Blonde Ace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home